Peyraguey, which means hill or promontory, was in earlier times a barony acquired in the XVIII century by the President of the Bordeaux Parliament who was guillotined at the revolution. At that time Mr. Lafaurie, acquired the domain with the name Pichard-Lafaurie.
Between 1864 and 1879 the estate passed between Mr. Saint Rieul Dupouy to Count Duchatel. Upon his death in 1879 the estate was divided in two; one parcel was named Lafaurie-Peyraguey as a tribute to Mr. Lafaurie who had provided it with fame and prestige, and the highest parcels on the hill of Bommes became Clos Haut-Peyraguey. A Parisian pharmacist, Mr. Grillon, then acquired the latter parcel.
In 1914 Eugène Garbay, the great-grandfather of Jacques Pauly, along with Fernand Ginestet, purchased Clos Haut Peyraguey (he was already owner of Château Haut Bommes). A few years later Mr. Ginestet sold his shares to the family-owned estate. Eugène Garbay gave the two estates to his two grand sons, Bernard and Pierre, who took care of the estates for many years.